I simply love this dish. Best and tastiest way to eat spinach. Have you ever thought of kids asking for an extra serving of spinach? Believe me Palak Paneer works!
All you need:
One or two bunches of spinach, Cut up Paneer cubes (see my previous post on how to make them at home), Tomato, green chili, Onion, salt, kasoori methi, ginger-garlic paste, coriander powder, cumin powder and oil.
- Pluck the spinach leaves, wash them and boil them in a sauce pan.
- Puree the boiled spinach with green chili.
- Puree onions and tomato separately.
- Heat oil in a wok, add kasoori methi and pureed onions/onion paste.
- Add ginger-garlic, pureed tomato and the pureed spinach.
- Add salt, coriander powder and cumin powder.
- Add little water, cover and cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Add the paneer cubes, cover up again and cook for another 5 mins.