All you need
1 Onion sliced
2-3 cloves Garlic
3/4 inch of Ginger
3 small Tomatoes
Handful blanched Almonds
1 tsp Cumin Powder
1 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
3/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Red Chili Powder
1 pinch Cumin Seeds
Red Food Color
- Make a paste of onion, ginger and garlic. Keep aside.
- Cut paneer into cubes. Keep aside.
- In a small frying pan, pour 1 tsp oil and put the tomatoes stem side down, cover and roast on low heat for 15 minutes. Turning the tomatoes in middle.
- Grind blanched almonds to a fine powder, then add the roasted tomatoes to it and grind to a paste. When taking out the tomatoes, use a fork to separate the skin and take out the pulp. Use left over liquid from the pan too.
- Heat oil in a deep bottom pan, add cumin seeds. Add onion-ginger-garlic paste. Fry till oil separates from the mixture.
- Add tomato-almond paste. Add a little water and stir and cook for 3 minutes. Since the tomatoes are cooked, there is no need to cook them.
- Add salt, turmeric, cumin powder, coriander powder and red chili powder. Mix well.
- Add water. Pour 3-4 drops of Red Food color until the gravy turns orange. Bring to a boil.
- Add paneer, lower heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes, till paneer is cooked through.
- Open lid, turn flame to high and reduce water until you get your preferred consistency. Done!